This week we posted homemade corned beef and what better thing to make with left over corned beef than a reuben! One of the secret & key ingredients in a reuben is the Russian dressing. This dressing is sweet and tangy – the perfect complement. Tomorrow return and discover a reuben that will start you craving.
Grate the onion to make this dressing a bit smoother. I’m not a fan of chopping onions – they make me cry horribly. So I usually turn to my food processor. I took a small wedge of onion and one half stalk of celery in my small food processor and pulsed it until it was very finely chopped. That step made this recipe even easier.
1 tablespoon minced parsley leaves
Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon minced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced dill pickle
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and whisk until well blended. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.